Update on My Ruby Static Site Generator
Hey y'all! It's been a minute, huh? Calaxy was a great place to grow but the market is bearish and I have been let go. If you're looking for frontend engineers, hit me up!
It's been a rollercoaster for me since I last posted here. Calaxy was an intense startup to work for and right as we started to move forward the crypto markets crashed and several of us either left or were let go.
There's a lot to that story that I can't say publicly but I loved working for them and my teammates were awesome. I wish Calaxy the best going forward.
I've started learning Python and Ruby again. These were my first languages. I started with Ruby in 2014 at the Code & Supply Meetup in Pittsburgh when I lived out there.
Eventually I moved on to Python with the controversial Learn Python the Hard Way With Zed Shaw.
From there I discovered freeCodeCamp (opens in a new tab) and was immediately impressed, even though they'd outsourced their curriculum. Soon, they made their own and it has grown exponentially since its inception in 2015. I was one of the first ones there (opens in a new tab) and it was free; as a broke older student this meant a lot.
I wanted to build little libraries for open source and share them. It was something I could do, something that I could hack through myself as a couple of side projects to put on my portfolio. I don't want my GitHub littered with graveyard projects and I decided to go all in while I am looking for work.
Here are a few gists of the things I am working on a video of the process I am going through when working on the static site generator I am writing in Ruby.
It is so much more now, even Web3! I don't care for that and you probably don't either but we don't make the rules, kids. ↩