A few people on micro.blog inquired about my VS Code extensions after I posted a screenshot of my editor.
I was using SynthWave ‘84 with custom CSS for the glow, but unfortunately it breaks markdown highlighting and I write all my articles for all my blogs in VS Code.
I am currently using Material Theme, Palenight.
I have a lot of extensions. 177 is the count now1.
Some of my favorite extensions:
- Bracket Pair Colorizer
- File Utils
- Gatsby Snippets
- Path Intellisense
- npm Intellisense
- Search node_modules
- Relative Path
- React/Redux/react-router Snippets
- Typescript React code snippets
- ES7 React/Redux/GraphQL/React-Native snippets
- Git Extension PackThis consists of:
- Git History (git log)
- Project Manager
- Open in GitHub / Bitbucket / VisualStudio.com
- Gist Extension
Believe it or not VS Code is still pretty snappy on this 4 year old iMac, even with all those extensions. ↩
Though I could get rid of some of these extensions. ↩